The Bolender Law Firm offers two flat-fee options for a Coverage Review depending upon the level of complexity. Option 1 is $550 for a Coverage Review that is expected to be relatively straightforward. Option 2 is $1,500 for a Coverage Review that is expected to relatively more complex and require additional time.
The flat-fee options are only offered if payment is made upfront, before any professional services are provided beyond the initial consultation.
The Coverage Review involves a professional legal review and analysis to determine if an insurance company has lawfully responded to a claim for insurance benefits.
A Coverage Review is often needed when an insurance company has denied a claim for insurance benefits, or if the insurance company has unreasonably delayed the investigation or payment of a claim for insurance benefits.
The Coverage Review involves
- a telephonic meeting with the client;
- a review and analysis of insurance policy, if available;
- an evaluation of the insurance company’s written response, if any, to the claim for insurance benefits;
- legal research to determine whether the insurance company has correctly interpreted the contractual language in the insurance policy;
- an evaluation of whether the insurance company’s claims handling practices comply with rules and regulations requiring insurers to treat their policyholders fairly and in good faith; and
- consideration of all available facts concerning the loss giving rise to the claim for insurance benefits.
Mr. Jeff Bolender, who possesses 22 years of experience as an insurance lawyer, performs all Coverage Review for Bolender Law Firm.
As part of the Coverage Review, Bolender Law Firm will write and/or call the insurance company in order to:
- identify the Bolender Law Firm as the client’s insurance law attorney;
- request copies of insurance policies and claims information;
- demand reconsideration of denied or delayed insurance claims; and
- set forth legal arguments to rebut the insurance company’s decision on coverage.
The purpose of the Coverage Review is to determine if the insurance company’s position is correct or incorrect, and if incorrect, to identify the client’s potential options in reversing the insurance company’s position.
No. Under Option 1, the initial, the upfront payment of $550 entitles the client to 3 hours of an experienced insurance law attorney’s time. Under Option 2, the upfront payment of $1,500 entitles the client to 10 hours of an experienced insurance law attorney’s time.
The only additional expense is if the client wishes an office visit for an in-person meeting. Bolender Law Firm charges $200 for a one-hour office visit.
Yes. Bolender Law Firm will only offer the flat-fee options for a Coverage Review if payment is made within 72 hours of initially contacting the firm.
Also, the Coverage Review provides for a maximum of number of hours: 3 hours of professional services under Option 1, and 10 hours of professional services under Option 2. Bolender Law Firm cannot guarantee that the Coverage Review will be completed within three hours under Option 1 or ten hours under Option 2.
If the Coverage Review takes more than three hours under Option 1 or ten hours under Option 2, the Bolender Law Firm’s normal hourly rate of $350.00 applies. The Bolender Law Firm will first contact and request permission before billing beyond the initial 3 or 10 hours.