Mr. Jeffrey S. Bolender is an established trial and appellate attorney with twenty years of experience representing small and medium sized businesses, policyholders, insurance carriers, underwriters, and other insurance professionals in complex legal disputes.
Admitted to practice law in 1994, Mr. Bolender focuses his law practice on commercial, business, and insurance law. He is licensed to practice law in the States of California, Hawaii, and Nevada, as well as the District of Columbia. Mr. Bolender regularly advises and advocates on behalf of policyholders and insurance professionals, providing guidance on legal principles for analyzing insurance policies and adjusting liability and property claims. He researches and analyzes important coverage issues to determine how courts will interpret various policy provisions.
Mr. Bolender is California approved provider of mandatory continuing legal education. As the author of numerous legal articles on insurance law, Mr. Bolender speaks regularly before industry and attorney groups regarding his expertise in insurance law.
Mr. Bolender has litigated scores of complex civil lawsuits, including matters in the courts of Hawaii, California, Washington, Delaware, Florida, South Carolina, and Wyoming. He has successfully represented clients in lawsuits involving insurance coverage, trademark rights, trust administration, insurance broker malpractice, unfair competition, commercial leases, and products liability. In addition to trial experience, Mr. Bolender frequently appears before the California Court of Appeal and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Filed, prosecuted, and defended scores of insurance lawsuits in the state and federal courts of California and Hawaii.
Represented clients as coverage counsel in more than 80 mediations and settlement conferences, utilizing persuasive briefing and presentation strategies to maximize success.
Recently obtained and collected $1 million and $735,000 arbitration judgments on behalf of insurance carriers against insurance agencies.
Established trust litigation practice, securing settlements for trust beneficiaries in excess of $1.2 million.
Developed marketing and educational programs enabling growth of firm from solo start-up to professional law corporation with multi-jurisdictional practice and reputation.
Led presentations of numerous in-house legal seminars for insurance companies and live MCLE programs for California and Nevada attorneys, including the authorship of legal articles published by the Defense Research Institute and the Nevada State Bar Association.
Admitted to Practice
- California State Bar (1994)
- Hawaii State Bar (2006)
- Nevada State Bar (2008)
- District of Columbia Bar (2007)
- USDC, Central District of California (1995)
- USDC, Eastern District of California (1995)
- USDC, Northern District of California (1999)
- USDC, District of Hawaii (2006)
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals (2004)
- South Bay Bar Association – Member
- Nevada State Bar Association, Construction Law Section – Member
- Nevada State Bar Association, Insurance And Health Law Section – Member
- Inns of Court, Benjamin Aranda III – Master
- Hawaii State Bar Association, Insurance Coverage Litigation Section – Member
- Defense Research Institute (2001 – 2012)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (1996 – 2012)
- Clark County Bar Association (2008 – 2013)
- US Air Force Reserves – Airman First Class
- Latham & Watkins – Paralegal Assistant
- Selman Breitman – Insurance Litigation Associate
- Ropers Majeski Kohn & Bentley – Insurance Litigation Associate
- Monroe & Shapiro –Litigation Partner
Born and raised in Kentucky, Mr. Bolender joined the Air Force Reserves after high school, receiving an honorable discharge in 1985. He earned a Bachelors of Arts from California State University Northridge in 1991, and a law degree from Southwestern University School of Law in 1994. He owned and operated an insurance litigation firm (Bolender & Associates) in Torrance from 2001 to 2013, acting as insurance coverage counsel for several out-of-state excess and surplus lines carriers. Mr. Bolender employed over 50 individuals in the South Bay area during this period. He has lived in the South Bay since 1989, and he presently lives in Torrance and enjoys writing and speaking on insurance law and civil litigation, traveling, video editing, and recreational tennis.